Sunday, May 10, 2009

Making my Bronzclay pot was an adventure.

For starters, I had to find a way to create the shape of the pot. It came to my mind the way we build piƱatas in Mexico, we use a balloon as the core and build around it, so I've got a water balloon and wrapped it with a sheet of bronzclay.

It was a little messy, I had to make 4 cuts on the top to be able to form the pot.

Working to get the basic shape for the pot was a lot of fun and not as difficult as I thought. I had to be very careful to avoid the clay getting dry and tear in some areas.

After sealing the cuts and adding more clay and paste to the joints, I let it dry and started sanding to obtain a smoother surface verifying that the joints were perfectly sealed.

After I was satisfied with the texture and joints, I started giving the pot its own personality, cutting the top and adding some texture on the inside.

My design came alive at the same moment I had the pot in my hands, ideas started to flow and my pot was on its way ;-}.

The pot is finished and ready to be fired in the kiln!!!!
I was very anxious and a little worried about how it will come out.
Waiting was very stressful ;-}.
My pot came out of the kiln in perfect conditions!!!!!
I was very happy!
Bronzclay pot
Lorena Angulo
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...